Friday, March 7, 2008

Internet Explorer Sucks Big Tme. Internet Explorer 8 Released.

I have been working hard on my Blog for the last three months and I don't have much time to waste with software that wastes my time.
Sadly Microsoft's browser Internet Explorer is doing just that and consequently I have now more or less switched to Firefox.

Microsoft's standards have slipped since Bill Gates lost interest in the company and Internet Explorer now languishes behind Firefox in terms of functionality.

It was only yesterday that I decided to make Firefox my default browser.

Currently I am spending all my spare time updating and promoting my Blog. There are a couple of sites that I spend hours on each day. One is entrecard and the other is twitter.
These are cutting edge sites and Internet Explorer cannot accommodate them.
The back button does not work on either of these two sites.

Hey Microsoft guys. .Have you fallen asleep?
Don’t expect any good reviews if you can’t fix your problems.

I remember downloading Internet Explorer 7 some time ago but it was so buggy that I had to reinstall Internet Explorer 6.
Apparently Microsoft is beginning to understand the depth of their problems because they have released Internet Explorer 8.
This browser has a compatibility mode. It seems a bit amateurish for Microsoft to have to have this feature at all.

2 comments:

Tinggay said...

This is why I shifted now to Firefox. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I also use Firefox as my default browser, but I want to defend IE7 and IE8. First, I use IE7 regularly and it's not as buggy as it used to be when they first released it. Honestly it's a rather good browser, and for some sites I have less problems with it than with Firefox. I plan to keep FF my default browser, but IE7 is not as bad as you describe IMHO.

As for IE8: Microsoft understands that they did a lot of things wrong. IE7 is already much better than IE6 regarding standards. MSFT has a bad history behind them regarding trying to impose their own standards instead of adopting existing ones, but they realized it was the wrong way to go. I honestly think that they are honest when they say that. But they also need existing websites to continue working in IE8, even the websites who used "quirks". You can't simply change an OS or an application and break existing apps or websites (something that Apple should learn, BTW. Apple doesn't care about backwards compatibility). So having a compatibility mode is needed if you don't want to "break the internet". I think that bashing them because of that mode is not quite fair. If they hadn't one, people would bash them because old sites don't work anymore.

HTH,
Laurent

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html