Thursday, March 6, 2008

Too Many Faulty Xbox Consoles

Last week I found myself with some extra cash in my pocket and decided to finally buy an Xbox gaming console.

There was a special advertised by Dick Smith superstores where the Xbox was packaged with a game and a power pack.

I had been holding off buying till a good deal came along.

The advertised package sounded tempting so I drove down to the nearest store branch and told the salesman what I wanted to buy.

The salesman checked the stock levels on the computer and went to retrieve one from the stock room.

He returned shortly and informed me that there were four units in stock but they were all faulty and had been returned by customers

When I asked if the Xbox 360 had a lot of store returns, he told me that they get lots of returns of faulty Xboxes.

I went back and did some more research on the internet and found similar comments from an EB Games manager who admitted that Xbox consoles had a much more hardware problems than Nintendo or Playstation.

The reason has now become clear. Microsoft does not own anything in the console.

Unlike Sony and Nintendo, where everything is 100% Sony and Nintendo respectively, the Xbox is a hodgepodge of different manufacturers bundled into a package that suffers from hardware compatibility issues.

Having heard these admissions from stores who have first hand knowledge, I decided that my six hundred bucks deserves better and I will hold off and buy a Sony Playstation or Nintendo wii as soon as a good deal comes along.

1 comment:

Tinggay said...

Ah... the temptation of xbox and wii.
It doesn't discriminate on age, race and sex.
Even Aegis fans just can't resist. :)

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html