Saturday, March 1, 2008

Airlines Ripping Off Customers.

I am getting a bit tired of the bad service I am getting from the airlines.
It is one thing to be penalized for mucking them around at the last minute, but why should a customer be penalized for mistakes that the airlines make?

Mileage Points, Frequent Flyer Points or whatever you want to call them is something that is earned by travelers and is not a gift or favor from the airlines.
I am a member of three frequent flyer schemes and have had arguments with two of them.

The first was with Thai Air. I was peeved when I found I was not credited some miles that were omitted from my account.
When I received the statement and noticed that miles were not credited for one of my trips, I rang them and was told that I had to send in my two boarding passes with a letter.

I informed them that I still had a copy of my ticket but only one boarding pass could be found but they refused to give me the full points credit.
Begrudgingly I accepted their decision and as luck would have it I later found the missing boarding pass and contacted Thai Air to claim the missing points.

They told me that it was too late to do anything about it.
I don’t why they felt the need to cheat me. As far as I was concerned I had sufficient proof but they preferred to deny me rather than offer me fair service.
I have never flown with them since.

More recently, I have experienced problems with Philippine Airlines.
Upon checking my online statement I noticed that they had also forgotten to credit me with some miles. I went through my file box and dug out the copy of the electronic ticket pertaining to that date.
I rang Philippine Airlines thinking all that was needed was for me to quote my ticket number to them and the missing miles would be updated on the phone.

According to the voice on the phone, this was not possible.
Instead I was advised to use the online facility to claim the points. I filled in all the missing spaces and then clicked return and promptly got an email from Mabuhay Miles.
The mail said that the online submission was not successful and I would have to print out a form and send it off to them, enclosing all copies of ticket and boarding passes.

At this stage I have located the copy of the ticket and three of the four required boarding passes. One boarding pass is still missing
I will post these off to Philippine Airlines on Monday.

Guess who will blow their stack if Philippine Airlines don’t give me full credit for the missing points?
One needs to bear in mind that the missing miles points was an error by them not by me and I have better things to do than be on the back foot for a mistake that was not mine in the first place.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me I had problem with my FF on AirTran. I should be calling them right away.

I don't understand why it can be so difficult to fix a legitimate problem.

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html