Monday, March 10, 2008

What Are You Going To Do When The Recession Hits?

If it is not here already then it is on the way. I am talking about the world recession that is going to put a nasty dent in our lifestyle.

I am talking about the recession that will engulf our lives and threaten to repossess our mortgaged homes.

Share markets are tumbling. Blue chip businesses are still just hinting about what is to come.

An ill wind is brooding discontent. The leaves on the trees tremor in nervous anticipation.

How will you insulate your life against the wolf approaching the doorstep?

If you are reading this then you are already into blogging or reading blogs, or you are steeped into the digital world in some manner.

How will you survive the lifestyle change the next era will usher in?

When the cash reserves dissipate how will you improvise?

I will bury my woes by sinking further into the surreal world of my notebook pc.

As cash strapped citizen I will look for a better life in virtual games such as “Second Life”.

I will stuff my sinking share portfolio documents into the bottom drawer of my wardrobe and cover them with the happier colors of my sports socks.

I will become a superhero in the game of “Crysis” and use my powerful weapons to fight virus toting aliens who seek to take over our imminently recessionary world.
My world will be imaginary where reality is blurred.
Only the online world will exist and it will wash away the harshness

When the winds of discontent once again turn and leave us to return to affluence, I will once again draw the curtains across and gaze upon the new opportunities that await us.

1 comment:

Tinggay said...

Morry,

That's an interesting thing plan you have there.
I have to reconsider my plans and perhaps adapt yours.
The Sims 2 can totally kill time. Perhaps, by the time I got away from the computer, the recession would be over. :)

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html