Monday, January 14, 2008

Don’t Buy An iphone. A Windows Mobile Phone Is Better.



Don’t get me wrong. I love Apple products but people get too excited about the Apple brand as they would some fashion label.

I have an ipod Touch and I have an Ipaq PDA. The reason I bought both these devices is that I am a Tech junkie and I find new products irresistible.

Now that I have my fix and the rush is gone, it is time to compare devices and I have come up with a conclusion.
The Ipaq 112 Windows Mobile 6 Classic PDA is a much more useful device than the ipod Touch or iphone.

For a while I was considering an iphone but knocked it on the head after deciding its functionality was limited.

The iphone was heavier and clunkier than I expected so one drop and its goodbye.

The Apple device is not Bluetooth enabled and that means I can’t share mp3s, files and pictures.
The browser on the iphone is great but you cannot download anything.
You can’t copy and paste any text to a word file on the iphone.
The iphone does not have software for handling Excel files or any similar spreadsheet applications.
It does not have a built in voice recorder.
Even though the Ipaq is not a phone, I can easily set up a Bluetooth partnership between it and my phone and use the GPRS or 3G network to access the internet when WIFI is not available.
The Iphone does not even have 3G capability.

In spite of all the hype, the relatively conservative people at Ipaq have come up with a slimmer design and their device is lighter than the iphone.
.
Apple could have given so much more functionality with the iphone.
The Iphone screen is much better than the Ipaq as far as screen quality is concerned but that is still only one factor in a host of factors that is a thumbs up for the iphone.

If you want to use The iphone as a music player and video player without having the need for an extra cell phone in your pocket, then the iphone is ok, but if you expect it to be a functional PDA then you are going to be disappointed.

I can play videos, mp3, and view photos on my Ipaq and so much more.


My advice is to get a windows mobile6 cell phone of PDA instead of an iphone.
This is Apples first phone so give this one a miss and let’s see what they come up with in their second generation effort.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At last - someone who isn't a fanboy giving an honest appraisal about the iPhone compared to a Windows Mobile phone. The iPhone as it stands sucks - no Bluetooth, no 3G, although I believe you can download music from iTunes now. No wonder Apple dropped the price in the US to $399.

You should take look at the HTC TyTN II, a great Windows Mobile phone.

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html