Sunday, January 20, 2008

The truth about blogging and content


How much content do you need to make your blog pay?

Lots of extra cash for shopping, great lifestyle, and untold wealth.

This is the usual hype that floats around the marketing sites of the web.

If only making money was as easy as the marketing gurus make it out to be.

I am not trying to be a killjoy nor am I pleading the case for negativity. The purpose of my submission is to share knowledge with those who are considering or have recently started a monetized blog.

I was inspired to start my blog after encouragement from two friends who have built separate businesses out of blogging.

Neither of my two friends are millionaires, but they do earn good money out of advertising revenue. When I started my blog I spent some time conferring with my friends and our discussions always came down to content.

During the course of discussions they revealed to me that their websites boasted archives of around fifteen thousand articles. Yes that's right. Fifteen thousand articles in both cases.

It is a real bubble burster I know, but that is the amount of content to figure on if you want a full time income from an advertising enhanced web project.
It is interesting to note that both of them admitted to be chalking up about sixty hours a week online.

Neither of them called their web sites passive income. Sure you can take a bit of time off for vacation every now and again, but spend too much of your time away and you will be eaten up by competition.

Having two friends who have successfully marketed their web pages does not make me an authority I know and that is why I am asking for comments on this post.
If you have managed to make your blog pay by using clever short cuts, please post your comment

No comments:

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html