Monday, February 25, 2008

Asus Eee PC Not Underpowered

Don’t be fooled by the specs of Asus Eee PC. It is easy to under rate the power of the machine by judging it by the Celeron 900 processor which at first glance may seem underpowered.

I am an owner of an Asus Eee and now that I have used it for a few months I have come to realize that the processor works extremely well.

The Asus Eee does look a bit like a toy but looks can be deceiving.

My typical applications are running the Asus with tunes, downloading from limewire, transmitting streamed music to my Apple Airport Express and uploading my blog.
I can multi task all these without much problem because fortunately the Asus Eee comes with 512 meg of ram.
My preference is to run it with Windows XP rather than the Linux software that it came with it. If you are thinking about running Vista, you will find that it won’t work well.
The most telltale aspect of the Eee is the amount of scrolling that is involved.

In order to view the entire page, you are continually scrolling across and down.

I store all my applications on the internal 4 gig hard drive and on a 4 gig SD card which I leave permanently installed in the card slot.

Backup of extra files and storage is provided for by the use of storage are on my ipod.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I installed the Opera browser, set "Fit to width" in options, and when I use the browser, go fullscreen with F11.

Voila! No more horizontal scrolling.

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html