Monday, February 18, 2008

Dump Your Landline Phone And Switch To Wireless USB Modem

I am just about to dump my landline. For the last few months I have been thinking about getting rid of my phone line but have been concerned with service issues.


There is nothing worse than being stuck with a service that does not perform like you expected and this major factor that has deterred me from changing to wireless connections.

My setup over the last few years has been to have my modem upstairs with a router directing the signal downstairs to my laptop.
The setup has worked well but because I spend three months a year overseas, I am losing money on two fronts.
Firstly I have to pay $50 per month even when I am away overseas.
Secondly I am paying about $35 per month for my landline rental that I hardly use.

It would be better for me to cancel my landline, change my mobile to a slightly higher plan, cancel my broadband and switch to a wireless USB modem.

USB modems have been around for a while. I tried some about a year ago but they were slow and expensive.

Up until recently you had to buy a USB modem and then find a data plan to suit your budget.
It was an all too expensive solution, however competition has livened up and consumers are now presented with an affordable and efficient solution.

The 3 network in Australia have a plan that offers customers 2 gigabytes of mobile downloads for $29 per month.
If you elect to take the plan on a 24 months contract, 3will give you the modem free.
You can buy he modem for $299 and then avoid the contract.

Nothing beats word of mouth advertising and my friend who has been using it for the last month claims it is fast and completely reliable.

http://www.three.com.au/cs/ContentServer?subId=1156241342637&homeId=1154931041257&c=Page&pagename=Three%2FPage%2FServiceTemplate&p=1155054450837&cid=1178581421058

No comments:

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html