Saturday, February 2, 2008

Using Your PDA to Blog and fight Blog Fade



Blog fade is a condition where our dedication to blogging gradually erodes to the point where we finally throw in the towel.

This unhappy situation is caused by two main factors.

The inability to plan upcoming posts.
The lack of time available to the blogger.

I have found a very productive piece of hardware that I use to fight the negative forces of blog fade.

The tool I am talking about is my PDA and my choice of PDA is The Ipaq classic 112 made by HP.
How does this help me produce a quality blog?
Firstly, one of the secrets of creative writing is to be able to capture the ideas and story outlines for your blog, as soon as they are formed in your mind.
I keep my PDA in with me at all times. The model I have is slim and light so it fits snugly in any pocket.
Whenever I come up with an idea for a post, I immediately make a note of it on the Ipaq. And I do that by either using the QWERTY keyboard overerlay or by using the voice recorder function.
The voice recorder comes in handy when I am walking or doing something that demands attention and is preventing me from taking the time to whip out the stylus.
Later when I have more time, I play back the voice files and begin outlining the major points in my notes file.
If I have sufficient time before I get back to my home office, I start to detail the points into a full post.
Productivity is maximized in situations like train journeys or the idle minutes while you wait for a client to show up.

When the day’s work is done and you are back in front of your computer, you Bluetooth your notes over to the pc and instead of being faced with writers block and a blank page, you are presented with a rough draft of your post.

No comments:

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html