Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Is Blogrush Worth It?



I have recently subscribed to Blogrush. The widget is now displayed on my blog. After watching their very impressive videos I decide to enlist the services of Blogrush in order to boost traffic to my site.

At first I was apprehensive because I have Google adsense ads on my blog and I didn’t want any drama from Google. As it turned out, Google does not expressly forbid the use of Blogrush so I have taken the opportunity to try it out.

The system works like this. You register and place a code on your blog. Blogrush monitors your blog and when it decides that your blog meets their minimum content standards your widget springs to life.

The widget consists of links to other blogger’s sites. When visitors come to your blog and see the widget they can click on a headline which takes them to another blog without leaving your page. This second blog is opened in a new browser. Each time this widget is loaded it will contain 5 clickable headlines that form part of their "Cooperative Syndication Network."

Traffic is stimulated by virtue of the fact that when a reader clicks on a link in the widget, the click is recorded and you earn credits.
You then appear on the widgets of other bloggers and hopefully they will find your headlines interesting and then click on your blog.
Syndication credits are earned based on the following formula: You earn credits on your own traffic using a 1:1 ratio. (One credit for each time the widget is served.) You then earn credits based on your referrals traffic (and their referrals traffic) through 10 generations of referrals based on the following ratios: 1st and 2nd generation (i.e. your direct referrals and their direct referrals) 1:1, 3rd - 6th generation = 1:4 ratio, 7th - 10th generation = 1:8 ratio. After all the math is calculated, there is a surplus of 1 headline space (5 spaces in each widget load) for every 10 that are served. So 10% of all the headline space is reserved for BlogRush itself to sell or use.

Is it working for me?
At the time of writing this post it is too early to say.
I joined Blogrush less than week ago so I will reserve my opinion till a later stage.

No comments:

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html