Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Apple Airport Express Review. From A Guy Who Bought One




I know The Apple Airport Express has been around for a while but I have only recently bought one.

Initially I was going to spend a bit extra and buy The Apple TV.

The reviews of Apple TV listed too many limitations like lackluster file support for non-itunes video formats; oversimplified remote and no built-in DVD player.

I was put off by the lack of video formats that were supported so I concluded that at the end of the day it was more practical to hire a DVD from the local video store.

The Apple Airport Express on the other hand is a great product.

For those who love their music and want a product that delivers flawless wireless music from their itunes browser direct to their HIFI, then The Airport Express is perfect.

The compact unit is slightly smaller than a deck of cards and includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, an integrated 802.11g access point, a USB print server, and a mini stereo jack so that you can use to connect a sound system to your wireless network.
The Airport Express only works with itunes, but that’s fine with me because I am very satisfied with itunes
I recently sold over 1000 CDS and before I disposed of them I converted them to mp3s which are now stored on an external Hard Drive.
.
My music library has grown to about 20,000 songs and itunes can find a song in a second.
I find it very relaxing to stream my music from my laptop while I am propped up on the couch.
It beats rummaging through a heap of CDS looking for a favorite track.
I have no hesitation in recommending The Apple Airport Express as a music streamer.

No comments:

 
google-site-verification: google1b4d5f623e342c5b.html